Saturday, May 2, 2009

If I don't, then you can't

As you know, Pokey Pants lost her mother to breast cancer on Monday. The funeral was Thursday. I wrote a bit about it in the last blog. BTW, before I start this story, I want to give a quick story on last night.



Last night, me and Pokey were walking back from the bar and I told her, "Y'know, it's funny. When someone loses a parent they often say two conflicting things. They'll say, "I'll tell you one thing: I know that woman is definitely in heaven. And I'll tell you another thing: there is definitely no God." Hilarious.



I then turned serious and said, "Pokester, have you started hating God? Or maybe have you quit believing in him?"



She said, "Nope..."



And what she said next might make you cry. That's not my intention. And I may be wrong. But don't say I didn't warn you. It makes me tear and smile at once.



She said: "...I wanted to do a little of both. I wanted to hate him. And I wanted to not believe in him. But Mom told me from her deathbed that if she didn't feel that way, then I wasn't allowed to feel that way, either."

Typing that was almost too much. It was tougher than hearing it the first time.

I'll tell the story I was getting to later.

No comments:

Post a Comment