My word perfect is broken so I'm just writing on this program and saving it from time to time so I don't lose it. It's a terrible article I'm throwing together at the last minute for my newspaper, so please disregard it.
This Sunday, thousands of people in Topsail, and millions around the world, will be celebrating Easter. The holiday will be begin with sunrise services for some, and visits from the Easter bunny for others. Some families will be remembering Jesus dying on the cross and his subsequent resurrection, while others will be dying Easter eggs and hiding them in the backyard. For many, the day will consist of a little bit of both. The following is a fun quiz with a variety of trivia questions spanning the topic of Easter.
1. Most people may remember that Linus, the Peanuts character, had a strong belief in "The Great Pumpkin," in an animated holiday special, but do you remember the person he spoke of during a Peanuts Easter special. Was it:
a) The Easter Beagle
b) The Little Redheaded Bunny
c) The Great Sleeping Peep
d) Mr. Hanky The Easter Present
2. It was an passover tradition for Pontius Pilate to free one prisoner during passover. Instead of freeing Jesus, who did he choose to set free?
c) Hanna Barbara
d) Barney Frank
3. The White House Easter Egg Roll is held each year on which day?
a) Ash Wednesday
b) Good Friday
c) Easter Monday
d) Two-fer Tuesday
4. Not all denominational organizations officially celebrate the Easter holiday. One if the following groups does not. Which one is it?
b) Southern Baptists
d) The Religious Society of Friends (also known as Quakers)
5. The Cadbury Bunny is a bunny that has been used in commercials advertising Cadbury Creme Eggs for decades. Which animal does the bunny make sounds like?
a) A chicken
b) A bunny (Duh, he's a bunny!)
c) A rooster
d) A tortoise
6. Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus by turning him over to the Romans for 30 pieces of silver. How did he spend it?
a) He had a temple constructed in honor of himself.
b) He threw it away.
c) He bought a donkey.
d) He donated it to an orphanage.
7. Sugar, Corn Syrup, Gelatin and Carnauba are the main ingredients in what.
a) Chocolate Bunnies
b) Vanilla Bunnies
d) Something I never want to eat.
8. Who rolled back the large stone covering Jesus' tomb?
a) Peter and Paul
b) Mary Magdelene
d) An Angel
We here at the Topsail Advertiser wish everyone on Topsail Island a fun and fulfilling Easter. Please check our Church Announcements section on page ? for information on local Easter-related events. Happy Easter!
The answers are as follows: 1-a, 2-b, 3-c, 4-d, 5-a, 6-b, 7-c, 8-d.